How to use VWT- Related to my Field of study
Introduction
Hi, I have got a great video for you today. If you don't already know, my name is Audrey Yergeau.
I am studying Social Science at the moment at Montmorency College, but I plan to study psychology at university.
I haven't started the program yet but I know that I will have to take courses in history of psychology and Neuropsychology.
After I graduate from university, I will work at an office to help people who have personal emotional difficulties. People will have questions. Some of those people will understand more in English. If you are like me, you don't want to make embarrassing vocabulary or pronunciation mistake while talking to the patient.
So, I'm going to show you a website that can help a psychologist eliminate common pronunciation and vocabulary errors.
The Problem
After graduation, we have to work with patient and it can be hard to pronounce a word in English we are used to saying in French.
If we don't say it right, you will lose credibility.
That can be stressful. But don't worry. I found the solution, which I am going to show you now. So, stay right there, and get ready to follow this step-by-step tutorial.
The Quest
First, open your browser and write VirtualWritingTutor.com in the address bar.
If you have typed it correctly, you will see the logo in the top left-hand corner. In the top right-hand corner you will see a link on the navigation menu to login. Under that, in the middle of the screen is the text area. In the bottom right-hand corner of the text area are a series of icons to help you with your pronunciation. Just above the text area are all the buttons you will need to correct your text.
The Solution
Today I want to show you how to use this website to find the solution to the problem I mentioned before.
First, write the phrase you want to say to your patient. Click "Check Grammar" The system checks your text for common errors and automatically scrolls down to show you your feedback. You can now spell the right way. Secondly, a good pronunciation in Psychology is very important, so you write your term for example, cerebellum and click on the speaker icons, if you let the cursor on in, it will write, text-to-speech. After that, you can click on the microphone icons and start to talk, you can now know if your pronunciation is good and if the website understand what you are saying.
The Conclusion
So, if you are in Psychology or in a related field that has a lot of hard pronunciation words, that's how you can solve the problem.
I hope this video was useful to you. Thanks for watching you can click to subscribe and share this tutorial on social media.
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 473
Total MP3 length: 02:51
Target structure count: 9
Error count: 2
Error density: 1%
Comments
Post a Comment